Allergy to new product

Jandea
Jandea
Allergy to new product
Oct 6, 2008 09:46 PM
I have used Poise products for years, but have developed an allergy to the latest product (the pads with the purple trim).

Allergy to new product

(130 Replies )
Last Post
by dizzblnd
dizzblnd
dizzblnd
Re: Allergy to new product
Jul 16, 2012 02:14 PM
granny

email me at my user name for this site @gmail.com just let me know its you
diane06
diane06
Jul 15, 2012 03:05 PM
I am so sorry - stop the use of the pads immediately. Almost two months have past since I stopped and switched to Tena, but be careful because they seem to be using the purple dye. My Dr. tested me for a yeast infection (never had one in my life) - she said I had contact dermatitis from the pads. I had been using the old one for several years, and loved them. The Dr. put me on Lyderm 0.05 and it has almost gone. Kimberly Clark doesn't seem willing to acknowledge a problem!!! Read all the posts, you will recognize your story. It was only after I started to read the posts that I connected the dots. Fortunately it was just 2 weeks. I wish you well.
grannyjan
grannyjan
Jul 15, 2012 10:10 AM
I have used the new poise with purple print and have a severe burning that never stops. I have been to two drs., bought 4 prescription creams and still have no relief. This has been going on for 3 months. Has anyone been able to cure this? I have called the company twice and get no help there. Please can anyone help?
terry7307
terry7307
Jul 7, 2012 07:56 AM
I wonder if they were already using plastic on their pads before they made them with wings? I Thanks

--
Edited by terry7307 at Jul 7, 2012 7:57 AM PDT
dizzblnd
dizzblnd
Jun 29, 2012 06:35 PM
Terry,

I just bought 11 pkgs of original poise with wings from a seller on Amazon.. they also have wingless ultra poise and pantiliners on sale too. I got mine for $4.25 a pkg. I'm sure if I link you to the page here, the mods will delete. If you contact me at my username for this site @gmail.. I can link you

--
Edited by dizzblnd at Jun 29, 2012 6:37 PM PDT
diane06
diane06
Jun 26, 2012 06:15 AM
My Dr. checked for a yeast infection at the very beginning, and that was not what it was. An allergy to the dye in the'new and improved' Poise Pads. The old style had done a fine job for a number of years. KC simply doesn't care. They did send me coupons which I am using to buy their toilet paper! Never again will I buy Poise products, and in fact, once I run out of coupons I will never buy Kimberly Clark products.
terry7307
terry7307
Jun 25, 2012 07:15 PM
To the person who notified Dr Oz, have you heard back from them?
terry7307
terry7307
Jun 25, 2012 07:10 PM
I'm getting my pads tomorrow from the U K and buying them through Amazon which is so ridiculous. I really hope this will give me some relief and protection.
Nova68
Nova68
Jun 25, 2012 04:24 PM
I too have come to the conclusion it is an allergy. Dr thought it was a yeast infection but after several over the counter treatments it is still there. Have an appointment to have a sample taken and sent to the lab to find out for sure. But am tossing the new design Poise and trying something else. Let's fix this Kimberly-Clark!
diane06
diane06
Jun 25, 2012 08:11 AM
Thank you Terry; for me tho, the irritation was caused by what was on the inside of the pad, not the outside. It is a problem for a lot of us and I wish there was a real solution to it.
Willie
Willie
Jun 25, 2012 06:31 AM
I used Poise pads for years with no problem. This new design is horrible and caused a severe cystitis. Thinking I had a bladder infection I drank lots of water and cranberry juice but the burning and urgency continued and got worse. The new design in dye faces the body and that caused concern for me - tried a different brand and the pain slowly got better. Bring back the old pads without the dye!
terry7307
terry7307
Jun 20, 2012 05:59 PM
Dianeo6
I answered your question but I noticed that they have pulled out my posts. Here goes. The nurse from Tena was able to pinpoint the cause and I found out today that all disposable pads have the outer sheet made with polypropolene, which is a kerosene
derivative as is polyester. polypropolene has more plastic.
Mother of 6
Mother of 6
Jun 20, 2012 03:58 PM
Re: Judith Anne
Feb 25, 2012 4:49 PM

" Has anyone read on the Poise package, where it says "Made in the USA from domestic and imported material." This statement was what concerned me most. Especially since the episode when children's toys being sold at Toys R Us were found to be painted with lead base paint from China. And that's why I questioned where the dye application is being performed."

I have a package of 48 Poise Liners Pink and Orange Very Light, UPC 0 36000 19303 9 , purchased in Canada,. The Pink and Orange package says :

Distributed in the USA by? Kimberly-ClarkeGlobal Sales, LLC, Neenah, WI 54056 n. Distributed in Canada by Kimerly-Clark Inc Mississauga Ont. Made in China.

While I have not the kind of serious problem being described here I have experienced some irritation and Itching, however I have not used these liners regularly, and not 24/7 . They do not have the purple flower design but a blue section down the middle.

I have an elderly relative living in another Province, who was looking to find a new package of what she had been using, and was unable to find a the same thing. Searching the Poise site and Kimberly_Clarke was most frustrating.

i AM BECOMING TOTALLY FED UP WITH LARGE CORPORATIONS WHO CHANGE PACKAGING, USUALLY REDUCING CONTENTS, AND SOMETIMES QUALITY.
ie: McCains Foods Old South Frozen Orange Juice. reduced the size of container and contents, then later just reduced the contents with a container which now is not full, and therefore there is thickened O.J stuck on the inside of the lid, which is a sticky mess for disposal as it does not easily rinse off. IT IS ALL ABOUT PROFIT AND BONUSES.
diane06
diane06
Jun 17, 2012 08:37 AM
someone has to pay attention.
dizzblnd
dizzblnd
Jun 16, 2012 07:01 AM
I just got on Dr Oz's Google Plus site and ask him to investigate and/or get the word out to his worshipers. We shall see what happens!
diane06
diane06
Jun 16, 2012 06:39 AM
Terry that is interesting information about the possibility of it not being the dye. Because of where the rash is I don't think that is so for me. How do you know this? For the past five weeks I have been using Lyderm a topical corticosteroid, and it is slowly going!!! A long painful process. My Dr. prescribed it. Best of luck. I have switched to Tena.
Pages: 9 - [ 1 2 3 4 5 69 | Next ]
Tags:
You must log in to add a tag.