Men and Poise.

Kevin 1017
Kevin 1017
Men and Poise.
Dec 16, 2008 06:14 AM
Hello all. In trying different products to manage my leakage, I gave poise a try. To be honest, I see very little difference in a Poise pad, and what I've been using. I think I may have jumped the tracks on the absorbency and went with a little more than I needed. The moderate absorbency will do fine I think.
Don't be to hard on the guys you see posting here, especially if their genuine. Bladder leakage is no laughing matter and I'm just as embarrassed about a wet spot as you are.
I hope the opposite sex doesn't mind sharing a great product.

Kudos to my wife for being supportive.

Men and Poise.

(42 Replies )
Last Post
by CarolAnn
CarolAnn
CarolAnn
Re: Men and Poise.
Apr 11, 2012 05:38 AM
Well, I for one can tell you that the man in my life uses Poise Ultra Thin Long. For some time now he has been suffering from LBL....and he would not take my advice. One Satuarday, I sat him down and told him how Poise would help and make him feel more confident. He would not hear of it, but for me he listened. He now uses Poise and to make sure they stay in place, he uses Vanity Fair panties. He is happier, I am happier and we now have something more to share.
PoiseMan
PoiseMan
Apr 1, 2012 10:19 PM
I use the Poise Ultimate Hourglass pads. I place it enough up front to cover my penis/balls and where it also extends past the gusset of my panties. I love the long length and panties seem to be the only thing that pads stick to and stay in place. I wear for 2 reasons. 1: I dribble after urinating, have problems completely emptying bladder. 2: I sweat alot between my legs and these pads prevent the sweat from showing through my shorts or pants.
kellyCt
kellyCt
Oct 14, 2011 07:04 AM
I put the pad right in the front of my underwear and have my penis pointed dwon slightly
opie2004
opie2004
Oct 4, 2011 02:43 PM
where do most of you guys place the pad for the best protection?
Jo-Jo-ORE
Jo-Jo-ORE
Sep 29, 2011 01:47 PM
I just bought the new hourglass moderate pad. I am a guy with LBL at night. I have found these new hourglass to be the best I have ever tried. The only issue I have is the color and fake lace look.

I wish Poise woul understand how many men have LBL ( over 2 million)and make a product for men. Some on the market now starting with the letter T or D are like a diaper to where. Why not have light pads for men?
Kevin078
Kevin078
Sep 23, 2011 12:00 PM
> My boy friend has LBL and for months wouldn't take my advice or help.
>
> Last weekend, I sat him down and told him that if he used Poise pantiliners he would feel more comfortable and confident. He agreed to try them over the weekend.
>
> So, Saturday morning, I gave him his first Poise and a pair of VF panties. He wasn't too happy, but he agreed to try.
>
> Well, it's Wednesday and he is very happy with the results. He is much more confident and he laughs more than ever before.
>
> From the both of us, thank you for a wonderful product!

Carol,
How are you? My girlfriend has been saying the same things to me, and to try a pantiliner. I did a google search, and came up with your post. What do u suggest using? You stated a Poise and VF Panties. Could you be more specific?

Thanks,
Kevin
valblguy
valblguy
Sep 7, 2011 06:59 PM
Have tried other products including full disposable briefs. Just received my free sample of the Poise Hourglass pads and am very pleased so far. The new Poise design is superior to anything else I've tried. They are comfortable and very reassuring. I have more confidence that I will be discreet in public when leakage does occur knowing my clothing is protected and any odor is absorbed. My girlfriend suggested they be worn with full nylon-spandex brief panties that have a wider crotch to accommodate the pad and are tight fitting enough to hold the pad snuggly. While there are a number of brands that seem to work, I've had best results with Shadowline's nylon-spandex briefs. Because my penis is somewhat small, this solution works well. I will sometimes augment it with a pair of plastic brief incontinent panties worn over the panties and pad for an added measure of protection. Both my girlfriend and my doctor see this as a good way to take care of the problem without resorting to surgery. I am happy to have discovered Poise Hourglass pads and recommend them.
Rabbit
Rabbit
Sep 2, 2011 04:18 AM
just tried the new "Hourglass" shape. BIG improvement...much more comfortable...
BwanaSahib
BwanaSahib
Jul 25, 2011 04:03 PM
Should you be considering a product specifically designed for men (prostate sufferers, et. al.) please make it wider. Unlike women, men are likely to suffer leakage, well, all over the place. A wider pad would help greatly.
sy simms
sy simms
Jun 15, 2011 03:36 PM
i use maximum pads
i need something less bulky for the summer
geodar
geodar
May 25, 2011 08:45 AM
Been using Poise for years, got the info from my nurse after prostate surgery, and she said to use them they are less discrete than the men incontinence products.
Also been wearing femineme panties for the same reason
Migizi
Migizi
May 13, 2011 05:46 AM
Wow!! Things that make you say hmmm! I never thought that guys had issues too. I think its great that all of you can pony up, and deal with this, without have masculinity issue. And I think your women are awesome for supporting you. You should expect nothing less. If my husband had this kind of an issue. I would be right there supporting him too. He is supportive of me also. Makes me laugh when I sneeze or cough, and he says..."oh oh better clench"
bob clarke
bob clarke
May 4, 2011 05:11 PM
I ride motorcycle and I have tryed Kotex and Always and they work OK .for about five years ,Then I tryed Poise,well I wish I had started with Poise as for the last to years I wear nylon panties in the summer for the coolness and jockys in the winter, Poise sticks veary well to each ,Kotex and Always ,did not stick that well at all. And I am 64 .
CarolAnn
CarolAnn
May 4, 2011 11:30 AM
My boy friend has LBL and for months wouldn't take my advice or help.

Last weekend, I sat him down and told him that if he used Poise pantiliners he would feel more comfortable and confident. He agreed to try them over the weekend.

So, Saturday morning, I gave him his first Poise and a pair of VF panties. He wasn't too happy, but he agreed to try.

Well, it's Wednesday and he is very happy with the results. He is much more confident and he laughs more than ever before.

From the both of us, thank you for a wonderful product!
JasonB
JasonB
May 3, 2011 04:29 PM
Hi, my name is Jason and I am new to this site. I am 19 and have had LBL for almost five years. My doctors don't know what is causing it, but it usually happens when I laugh, sneeze, cough, etc. They think it is because of my medicine. I started wearing Poise pads at age 15 and wore them throughout high school and still wear them in college. I find they work really well, even for guys like me. I usually wear the pads in full-cut nylon panties because men's underwear doesn't usually hold the pads and is not tight enough. Lately, I've been wearing the ultra thins in my Bali Skimp Skamp panties during the day and at night. The ultra thins are pretty discrete and the Skimp Skamp panties are snug and wide enough to hold the pad and everything. I have a single room, so only my best friend knows that I wear the pads and panties. My best friend is very supportive and she knows what I am going through. I am glad to know that other guys are in my position because I am really embarassed to admit that I have bladder weakness at such a young age. Also, Poise are the best pads out there, and I tried Serenity and others before. I would be willing to talk to other men out there.
Tdublyou
Tdublyou
Jan 9, 2011 01:13 PM
That's good to know - seems like a bit of an improvement over all the narrow light pads on the market today - although I would prefer a very light pad on the order of 4in. X 4 in. in dimensions. Also, it seems rather disingenious of Poise not to publish the widths of their pads as well as the lenghts - I spent several hours online trying to figure this out, and believe me I really don't have time to do that - if they just disclosed the facts (published) it would seem to me to be a better corporate citizen thing for Poise to do. You shouldn't have to call customer service to get an answer like that since noone would expect a CS person to know it for a particular product, undoubtedly they would have to put you on hold for several minutes to get the answer, it normally takes a long time to get to a live intelligent person through the corporate customer service voice phone trees, so therefore that is not the way to get the information to the public, which they do need.
Pages: 3 - [ 1 2 3 | Next ]
Tags:
You must log in to add a tag.