What do YOU think about the new Poise® Hourglass* Shape pads?

MarilynSuttle
MarilynSuttle
Aug 1, 2011 01:43 PM
I love talking with women, like you, who visit my blog, chat with me on twitter, and connect through the message board, and “Ask a question” box. When the new Poise® Hourglass* shape pads arrived, I wasn’t interested in the description on the box; I wanted to know what YOU thought. So, I sent several ladies who are active in our Poise community, a free package, and asked them to tell me what they think. Here’s what they said:

“Thanks for the opportunity to try the new hourglass Poise Pad. I like the shape because it doesn't bunch up like some pads do. I felt very secure wearing it and did not have to worry about Oops!”
– Amy

“I tried your new Hourglass style pads and liked them. I like your older style and the new Hourglass style. They both work very well! I tried a drugstore brand before, but didn't like them. Poise pads are a great product - absorbency and comfort! Thank you.”
- Loyal Poise customer from PA

“Regarding the Poise Hourglass Ultimate--I loved them, but found one problem that would cause me not to be able to use them on a regular basis. They are too short in length. I need front and back coverage and these pads only provide one or the other. I loved the way they stuck to my underpants, didn't bunch, move, or twist. Thanks for letting me try these.”
– Faye

“These are the most comfortable pads I have ever worn. They seem to fit my body shape perfectly. Thank you poise for making a pad for overweight women.”
– Cindy

Have you tried the new Poise® Hourglass* shape pads? What did you think?

Marilyn Suttle
Community Manager at Poise.com

--
Edited by MarilynSuttle at Aug 9, 2011 5:09 AM PDT

(152 Replies )
Last Post
by dizzblnd
dizzblnd
dizzblnd
Re: What do YOU think about the new Poise® Hourglass* Shape pads?
Jul 7, 2012 03:48 PM
Rachel.. email me at my user name for this site @gmail.com Kimberly Clark doesn't care that it's customers are not happy. You can still get the original pads on Amazon
diane06
diane06
Jul 7, 2012 03:55 AM
watch that itch rachel - for me it turned into a severe contact dermatitis require prescription cream. Even tho It has been over 6 weeks of not using these terrible new pads, I am still dealing with the rash. No fun at all, but Kimberly Clark doesn't seem to care!
Rachel2498
Rachel2498
Jul 6, 2012 09:43 PM
Why did they have to change them? The old Poise Pads with the Wings,(level two, regular length, for me), with the blue center in the pink package were perfect. When I could not find the old pads anywhere, I was recently forced to purchase some of the new thin purple pads. Here I now sit with a bunched up, poorly sticking pad and wet underwear, which never would have happened with the other pads.The urine seems to pool on these pads and run over the sides of the pad.I also am feeling wet and itchy, which never happened with the old, comfortably fluffy pads. I guess I will start trying some of the drugstore brands or just make do with period pads. Perhaps Kimberly Clark could sell both products simultaneously-the classic and the new style, or, better yet, discontinue the new style. As they say, if it ain`t broke, don`t fix it.
noodles2381
noodles2381
Jul 2, 2012 07:03 PM
Liked the new hour glass pads at first but more I try them I'm also having a leak problems as it repels and the sides do not hold leaking. Verry embarrassing with a leak in public! Please Do more research!
kjthornburg
kjthornburg
Jun 17, 2012 04:03 PM
I am having a problem with leakage even with a new dry pad. The lining seems to be repelling the liquid so it leaks out of the sides of the padsl
dizzblnd
dizzblnd
Jun 11, 2012 09:45 AM
Margie,

Apparently no one at KC Corp cares, or they would have pulled this product as soon as all of the complaints started coming through
jumpingamma
jumpingamma
Jun 8, 2012 04:09 PM
> I absolutely hate them. Not just the shape, but the fact that they are causing thousands of women an ALLERGIC reaction in a very sensitive area. It has been a week since I stopped using them and switched to Tena, and am using a cream. I still have the problem, but it is getting better. I have let my local pharmacies and doctors know and am trying to alert Health Canada. This is a serious health issue.

I agree with alot of women on here, the hourglass is terrible, it isn't as absorbant and it is not worth all the hype they added to it. I so far am able to still find the older ones , that is the ones I like, I like many women on here though I was leaking more I was changing my pad all the time, I would go through a large package in a few days with the originals I could make a large package of 42 last almost 2 weeks not with the hourglass shape , I was leaking out of the pad and it was uncomfortable to boot. please go back to the old shape or at least make it avalible to use by the consumers, i have tried tena , don't care for them, will go back to the old period pad before buying the hourglass shape again. thank you.
dizzblnd
dizzblnd
Jun 4, 2012 02:24 PM
Diane,

You are the best.. I dint't even think about the television stations. That's another great avenue. Canada's women are lucky to have you! Let's not give up ladies, the squeaky wheels get the oil!
Sharonlynn
Sharonlynn
Jun 1, 2012 12:37 PM
Sharonlynn

I love them and that is all I wear but I need the hourglass moderate in long! I see you don't make it. I wish you did! I see you have the hourglass ultimate in a longer pad but I don't want it any heavier or thicker should I say than the moderate is the ultimate thicker?? Does anyone know.

I was crippled for a time from the waist down and therefore I have recovered my ability to walk but I still have the numbness and tingling from the decease -Transverse Myleties- it has to do with nerve endings and responses. I am on medications but they just help releive the discomfort of numbness and tingling but not the incontienence I have had from the beginning that is with the bowel and the bladder so the length of the pad is important because it gushes out of control at times. It is better than it was not as many accidents but still cannot not feel secure when I a out and about! Frustrated should be my name.
Aunt Nell
Aunt Nell
May 29, 2012 01:18 PM
I write on behalf of my aunt who has used Poise original pads for many years. Ever since she came under my care, I've been buying them for her-- regular maximum and ultimate pads. Now I only find hourglass on store shelves. I couldn't even find the regular ones at Walmart--perhaps because they put out only a few and those go quickly. Walgreen's told me they wouldn't carry regulars henceforth. My aunt detests the hourglass shape and will not use them at all. She assumes some man designed them because they are so unsatisfactory. We are now looking for a good substitute.
diane06
diane06
May 24, 2012 03:52 PM
I absolutely hate them. Not just the shape, but the fact that they are causing thousands of women an ALLERGIC reaction in a very sensitive area. It has been a week since I stopped using them and switched to Tena, and am using a cream. I still have the problem, but it is getting better. I have let my local pharmacies and doctors know and am trying to alert Health Canada. This is a serious health issue.
dizzblnd
dizzblnd
May 23, 2012 09:16 AM
Fedup..

If they made them with wings.. I's switch in a heartbeat
FedUpWithFoolishness
FedUpWithFoolishness
May 22, 2012 11:21 PM
Well Dizzblnd---if you've called--the only way they'll "get it" is if we switch--which I already have. Tena is fine--just wish they were longer.
FedUpWithFoolishness
FedUpWithFoolishness
May 22, 2012 11:19 PM
Thanks Beachlover, for the info. I usually check everything with Snopes, never even thought of the Coke deal as being on it. As for me, give me Pepsi, anyway. LOL
FedUpWithFoolishness
FedUpWithFoolishness
May 22, 2012 11:04 PM
Well, after 20 years, I went to TENA. I have a few OLD Poise Pads, I will use up---the new ones?---I'm using them to wipe up the water splashes on the counter top----they are worthless for anything else.
CHANGE is NOT always positive---and I'm so irritated now, that even if they changed them back---I'm gone. I don't know why on earth people have to keep MESSING until they MESS it up. Guess they wanted to save some money----Well they will! Cause the will need to make a lot less of them. Idiots.
royalrose2
royalrose2
May 22, 2012 03:25 PM
The new poise doesn't work as well as the old. At first I thought my leakage might be getting worst. Then I found the old Poise when on vacation in Daytona Beach. The old product still works. I went on a hunt to many many stores looking for the old poise but no more to be found. I have the last 5 packages. This reminds me of the New Coke. Please bring the old Poise back.
Pages: 10 - [ 1 2 3 4 5 610 | Next ]
Tags:
You must log in to add a tag.