What do YOU think about the new Poise® Hourglass* Shape pads?

MarilynSuttle
MarilynSuttle
Aug 1, 2011 01:43 PM
I love talking with women, like you, who visit my blog, chat with me on twitter, and connect through the message board, and “Ask a question” box. When the new Poise® Hourglass* shape pads arrived, I wasn’t interested in the description on the box; I wanted to know what YOU thought. So, I sent several ladies who are active in our Poise community, a free package, and asked them to tell me what they think. Here’s what they said:

“Thanks for the opportunity to try the new hourglass Poise Pad. I like the shape because it doesn't bunch up like some pads do. I felt very secure wearing it and did not have to worry about Oops!”
– Amy

“I tried your new Hourglass style pads and liked them. I like your older style and the new Hourglass style. They both work very well! I tried a drugstore brand before, but didn't like them. Poise pads are a great product - absorbency and comfort! Thank you.”
- Loyal Poise customer from PA

“Regarding the Poise Hourglass Ultimate--I loved them, but found one problem that would cause me not to be able to use them on a regular basis. They are too short in length. I need front and back coverage and these pads only provide one or the other. I loved the way they stuck to my underpants, didn't bunch, move, or twist. Thanks for letting me try these.”
– Faye

“These are the most comfortable pads I have ever worn. They seem to fit my body shape perfectly. Thank you poise for making a pad for overweight women.”
– Cindy

Have you tried the new Poise® Hourglass* shape pads? What did you think?

Marilyn Suttle
Community Manager at Poise.com

--
Edited by MarilynSuttle at Aug 9, 2011 5:09 AM PDT

(152 Replies )
Last Post
by dizzblnd
Marcia
Marcia
Re: What do YOU think about the new Poise® Hourglass* Shape pads?
May 22, 2012 01:40 PM
A pitful subsitute and a sham for the use of "new and improved" as words to describe. The adhesive doesn't adhere, the absorbtion does not absorb and pee leaks out of the contours. What else can I say? The store bought brands are better, but since everyone seems to be changing their products, Its back to Tenya for me.
dizzblnd
dizzblnd
May 19, 2012 09:03 AM
nanna.. i put a list up.. scroll down under all the posts.. you'll see mine "List of KC products to boycott"

Also you can look on amazon and ebay for the original poise.. thats where I get mine

--
Edited by dizzblnd at May 19, 2012 9:04 AM PDT
nannalee
nannalee
May 19, 2012 06:11 AM
I have tried tenna, but prefer the old poise. However, I have to admit they are far better than the new hourglass poise. Oh I used to use Scotts TP &PP. I have stopped using those as well. What are other KC products? I plan to boycott all KC products.
dizzblnd
dizzblnd
May 18, 2012 07:10 PM
nannalee

Try Tena.. other than the fact that they don't have wings to keep in place, they work just as well except for the bunching. More of us need to call Tena and ask them to start making their product with wings. Until KC listens and pulls their crap product off the shelves, we have to look out for ourselves and each other.
nannalee
nannalee
May 12, 2012 03:22 PM
My first post was 2/11. I'm still lookin for a replacement, any suggestions girls. Have found a few of the old ones marked down. Wish I had the money to buy them all, but people on fixed incomes only have enough to get by. Just learned that KC made Scotts products, going to be looking for another TP & PP products. My daughter has already stopped buying their baby products. KC bring back ny poise or go under.
CarolB
CarolB
May 6, 2012 01:30 AM
Well, I shop for my 87 yr old Mother, who has used the poise pads #52 for years! and now can't find them anywhere, except on Amazon.com, and they are up to $87, for them~~~!!!! I can't believe that there was no warning that they were going to be discontinued, and hour glass shape....wth, if u need that much coverage why would an hr glass cover where you need it the most!!!!!!! It must be a man that thought of this poorly designed pad. Come on KC this is just the last straw..........I will be looking for another brand, NOT POISE, it's a shame that I have to spend my Mothers limited income to find something that should be readily out there~~~~~~~~
THanks for your fine feed back on this less than perfect product!
Oh and the local srores, Kroger, CVS, etc were not told that these were changing either.....great PR work there too!
Any comments on this one>?> from the COMPANY, would be greatly appreciated!! I can't hold my breath on that one, I am sure.

--
Edited by CarolB at May 6, 2012 1:39 AM PDT
dizzblnd
dizzblnd
May 2, 2012 07:32 PM
Thelma..

if you look at ALL the forums on this site.. you will see a TON of us are complaining, unfortunately, we aren't being heard. Kimberly Clark doesn't seem to care that a majority of their consumers are unhappy.

--
Edited by dizzblnd at May 3, 2012 9:48 AM PDT
Thelma
Thelma
May 2, 2012 05:59 PM
I really dislike the changed pads and I am searching for another product; I can't believe women aren't complaining; the new ones leak and fall apart, probably because they don't fit. It is a shame you took a perfectly good product and wrecked it.
dizzblnd
dizzblnd
Apr 19, 2012 09:18 PM
I called Kimberly Clark. After about 20 minutes on hold, I asked a rep what was going to be done about all of the mountains of complaints about the changes. I asked if they were considering pulling this substandard product.
She said no. When I told her me and many others were breaking out from the dye.. she wanted to transfer me to a supervisor. I declined, I told her there was no need since I was not using them anymore and since the originals were pulled from the shelves, I was not buying ANY poise.

I expressed mine and all of your dissatisfaction, she assured me that all of the complaints were being passed on to the research and development team. I asked her what good was it doing if were aren't actually being heard and nothing is being done to soothe the masses.

She had no answer, but offered me coupons. I said, "You didn't listen to anything I just said" and hung up.

--
Edited by dizzblnd at Apr 19, 2012 9:19 PM PDT

--
Edited by dizzblnd at Apr 23, 2012 4:45 AM PDT
Beachlover
Beachlover
Apr 19, 2012 12:56 PM
To FedUpWithFoolishness, with all due respect -- and not that it matters to the bottom line issue here - I don't think the assertion that New Coke was a mistaken batch is true. For an in-depth explanation of what went on behind the scenes with that marketing fiasco, see Snopes.com:

http://www.snopes.com/cokelore/newcoke.asp

I'm another one who sees a very strong comparison between the Poise and New Coke debacles, the main difference being that we're a much smaller demographic -- and mostly women with LBL at that -- so the chances of our being heard in the hallowed corporate halls of Kimberly-Clark are practically nil. Nothing I'd like better than to be proven wrong on that.

Though I don't use the Hourglass pads nor their predecessor, I'm a user of the Poise very light liners and have bought up all I could afford in one fell swoop of the old design. When they're gone I'll find another brand. The new liners are flimsy, don't adhere to panties, bunch up, are less absorbent, etc. etc. etc. Basically, they're useless. What a huge insult.
dizzblnd
dizzblnd
Apr 19, 2012 03:45 AM
no response from Kimberly Clark representatives, worthless, useless product still on the shelves, complaints being ignored = Kimberly Clark care not for its consumers... I'll bet they start to care when they start seeing red.. like we all have
FedUpWithFoolishness
FedUpWithFoolishness
Apr 18, 2012 11:03 PM
I even went from store to store, in 2 states, looking for anyone with some left over "old" brand. I guess they pulled them to replace with the crap they're trying to foist on us.

Someone said it was as disasterous as New Coke---New Coke was an ACCIDENT--a botched batch----that they unloaded as "New." They couldn't make it again if they wanted to! But they got the gullible public to try the NEW, enough to save the revenue on the botched batch.

I don't know what Poise's excuse is. But I had just found the ones I liked---I wish I had bought them out---if I had known this was coming!

But, I'm so irritated that I will search for ANYTHING NOT only not Poise, but not Kimberly-Clark. They obviously aren't listening, and just put this up, to get names and addresses for advertisement purposes.
FedUpWithFoolishness
FedUpWithFoolishness
Apr 18, 2012 10:51 PM
The new Poise Pads are WORTHLESS! What on earth did you DOOOOO?!
I may as well wad up a clump of toilet paper. I've worn Poise pads since they came out, after a surgery 20 years ago---but this last little "pink design" number has finally sent me looking for something---anything---else!! They're too soft, they wad up, they stick to everything except what they're suppose to, they don't keep you as dry-----so what ever you did to "save money"--you've cut one too many corners and you're going to LOSE the business of many!

WHY do businesses assume CHANGE is always GOOD! Leave things alone! SMACK! Stop it. But, I've already bought my first alternative product. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. A 20 YEAR customer, down the drain. Way to go.
dzymom
dzymom
Apr 18, 2012 07:29 PM
The new design is the worst thing you could have done. The pad sticks to your panties, it doesn't control the odor and if not place just right it cuts my skin. If you do not go back to the old design or something better, I will be forced to find another brand. Did you do this to make us all have to use more pads therefore, selling more product? Who in the world thought this was a better design, obviously someone who doesn't have to use the pads. Sorry Poise you aren't working for me!
dizzblnd
dizzblnd
Apr 18, 2012 05:10 PM
OH LOOK.. someone actually LIKES the design... i guess 1 in 1,000,000,000
isn't too bad. (good luck on making a profit on just the 1 person)

--
Edited by dizzblnd at Apr 18, 2012 5:24 PM PDT
Kathie
Kathie
Apr 18, 2012 10:35 AM
The hourglass shape is SO MUCH BETTER at keeping my panties from getting leaked on! They all should be like that!
Pages: 10 - [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 610 | Next ]
Tags:
You must log in to add a tag.