Allergy to new product

Jandea
Jandea
Allergy to new product
Oct 6, 2008 09:46 PM
I have used Poise products for years, but have developed an allergy to the latest product (the pads with the purple trim).

Allergy to new product

(130 Replies )
Last Post
by dizzblnd
MarilynSuttle
MarilynSuttle
Re: Allergy to new product
Jul 5, 2011 07:24 AM
Hi red bottom granny,

I'm so sorry that you experienced any discomfort while using POISE pads. The safety and comfort of those who use our products is our No. 1 concern. Kimberly-Clark takes product complaints very seriously. If you have not already done so, please phone (1-888-525-8388) or email our Consumer Services team to provide additional details about your experience. Here’s the link to their contact info: www.poise.com/contact.
red bottom granny
red bottom granny
Jul 4, 2011 02:32 PM
I glad I decided to check into this allergy info. I have been treated for over a year for a horrible, painful itch that covers my whole private area. I'm supposed to get a boipsy done this month to see why it hasn't healed. I finally decided to go without any pad, feel uncomfortably wet until I could change just to see if it goes away. It took one week just to clear it enough so it stopped being painful. But I'm still scheduled for a biopsy. At least I'm not in pain. What gives with this?????
Vicki S
Vicki S
May 9, 2011 11:33 PM
When you contact their consumer department, they send you an email saying what you have is not typical, that it is a slight irritation and to make up for it they will send you some coupons so you can buy some more of their poisonous pads. Oh yeah, it also said this, "Extensive studies also have been performed on the product to ensure the overall safety and performance of POISE Ultra Thin Long pads. Although these studies have shown that it would be unusual for the cause of the irritation to be traced solely to POISE Ultra Thin Long pads, we certainly regret that this happened." Then why do they want me to send them some samples in a prepaid envelope? "Because your experience is not typical, it would be helpful for us to obtain samples of the product that disappointed you. If you have any product remaining, please put aside one or two pads for us. We are sending you a prepaid mailing label through the mail for your convenience in returning the product to us." If they know as they claim that their product isn't at fault, implying it is our fault, then what is the need for them to have some samples?
Doesn't make sense, does it?
MarilynSuttle
MarilynSuttle
May 7, 2011 05:26 PM
Hi Vicki,

I'm so sorry that you experienced any discomfort while using POISE pads. The safety and comfort of those who use our products is our No. 1 concern. As with any product, if you experience any irritation during use, we recommend that you discontinue use immediately. Please also contact our Consumer Services team at http://www.poise.com/contact so they can learn more details about your experience and assist you.

Marilyn Suttle
Poise Community Manager
Vicki S
Vicki S
May 7, 2011 07:08 AM
Great! It started in 2008 so I was wrong about it being only a year. I am getting angrier and angrier. there is no excuse for this! Just think of all the women who are for sure suffering from these pads and don't realize it's the pads so keep using them. I am fairly quick but have a horrible rash that is bleeding. This needs to be reported to a government agency of some kind.
Vicki S
Vicki S
May 7, 2011 07:02 AM
THIS HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR A YEAR???? They have done nothing to fix the problem or pull the pads off the shelves or to warn us? We need to form a class action and sue. I am in a lot of pain here and bleeding and have finals coming up at college. It seems this allergic reaction is not limited to just one style either. Mine are Longs, absorbency light. Do not buy them as you will be very painfully sorry. Someone needs to make a Youtube video warning other women. Is Bees Wax really the best thing to treat this with and where do you buy it?
MarilynSuttle
MarilynSuttle
Jul 20, 2010 09:23 AM
Dear emeraldcj,

I’m so sorry to hear about your rash. Please reach out to our helpful Consumer Services Team to share your experience with them. Here’s the link to their contact info: www.poise.com/contact.
emeraldcj
emeraldcj
Jul 17, 2010 05:06 PM
I too have gotten a rash that itches so bad then after a while it starts to hurt to even bathe. Like it's raw or something! I love the absorbency but not this rash.
Sorry.
BrittneyNicole
BrittneyNicole
Mar 2, 2010 01:51 PM
I have got rashes from pads. But I have to say that I never got them with Poise pads! Well of course they cost more, so usually mean they work better! But there worth it.

SO BUY THEM PEOPLE!!!!!! :)
MarilynSuttle
MarilynSuttle
Mar 1, 2010 01:52 PM
Dear Karen 50,

I’m so sorry to hear about your experience. Kimberly Clark takes product complaints very seriously. If you have not already done so, please phone or email them. Here’s the link to their contact info: www.poise.com/contact.

Best Wishes,
Marilyn Suttle
Poise Community Manager

--
Edited by MarilynSuttle at Mar 1, 2010 1:54 PM PST
Karen 50
Karen 50
Feb 26, 2010 09:15 PM
I just posted this to the wrong thread before, sorry it belongs here.
I am being treated for contact dematitis I recently contacted from Poise Ultimate pads. I have a severe case and have 3 presriptions for it. The doctor said she could see the exact outline of the pad, and my skin is peeling. I also have insomnia as a result, because I am so uncomfortable I can't sleep. I had no idea at first what was wrong and spent a week and a half trying every cream and ointment on the market for the itching. Then it became painful and I feel scalded all the time. My doctor said it is so bad, it will take quite a while to heal. from what I am eradin, I am not the only one having a reaction to the new product. Hopefully this company will pull this product before anymore women are injured. Contact dermatitis is a very uncomfortable thing and can become infected. This is something that this company should take very seriously.
SusieR
SusieR
Feb 9, 2010 11:36 AM
:( I have had a terrible rash that even breaks open with tiny cuts for about three weeks. I have been trying several different ways to control it, but nothing has worked as well as Bees Wax. I stopped using my Poise pads because I am thinking they are causing the rash. I have used Poise pads for around ten years with no problems. Then when I ran out of my old supply, I bought new pads. They were different from my old pads and thats when my rash started. I hate to think about having to buy another brand of pads because I love Poise the best. I can NOT deal with this horrible painfull rash any longer so my last resort is to go with Depend pads. I am 62 yrs old & always wear cotton Granny panties. I have started buying the BOY Cut panties lately so the elastic does not hurt my rash. They do help. I also go panyless whenever I can. Since I do have a bladder problem, I must wear pads when I`m at work. (I work on our farm tending to the cows.) I have long hours with no bathroom available. I depend on my Poise pads to keep me from having leakage. Why did Poise change a good thing? How SAD!!!!!
Cheryl
Cheryl
Feb 6, 2010 04:00 PM
Hi Genevieve,
I too have had a allergic reaction to their pads. I have been using Poise (very light liners) for years. This just happen with the new package I opened. I don't have a purple line around the pad, just the blue area in the middle. I have had such a reaction that I have a rash now that is the shape of the pad on me. Thus, I know it's the pads! I'm relieve to find others having the same problem. I am now looking for an alternative.
5-Year Customer
5-Year Customer
May 5, 2009 04:53 PM
X-(This is what I wrote about their 'new improved pad' several months ago. No responses from the company. You would think that they would acknowledge us since they are asking for the feedback.....

Meanwhile, thanks for the recommendation of stayfree. Wasn't sure which product was the one comparable to this one.

***********************************************************************************
:(Just wanted to let you folks at Kimberly-Clark know that you blew it!!!

I've used your panty liners for over five years. I just bought a big package of the extra coverage liners and discovered that you have redesigned this product. Well, not only is the blue liner coverage made smaller by the new wavy strip, but the absorption is worse!

I have always paid the extra price for a name brand quality product. However, this product is now as inferior as the generic brands! Not even the recent coupons will bring me back, unless you reverse this.

It is so obvious that you are making the buck stretch further by taking away from this product. They did it with coffee, and now it's come to this!

I'm sure you don't want me to click the email to my friends about this!
luckylady7991
luckylady7991
Mar 31, 2009 12:18 PM
Good to know
mumcee
mumcee
Jan 29, 2009 11:29 PM
Yes Gwenevere, I have the same problems with the new poise pads to the extent that I was hospitalized due to extreme swelling in that area from the pads. It is indeed the purple edging on the pad. The reaction I have is from the ink they use in the dye for the purple edging. It came as quite a surprise to me that the company would add the decorative edging just to make it look nice, who cares what they look like, all I would be interested in the protection value of the pad. I have had to go to another product that isn't quite as good as the poise but at least I don't react to them... Hopefully poise will come back with the white pads and leave the decorative purple addition off. As I prefer the poise, I have used them for 4 years until they went to the new look.
Pages: 9 - [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ]
Tags:
You must log in to add a tag.